8 January 2013

Get Ready With Me- Anna Kendrick Inspired

To go along side the film review of Pitch Perfect (Click here to read) I decided to do an Anna Kendrick inspired make up look. If you don't recognise the name click here or here to see a picture- you'll properly recognise the face. As I admitted in my last post she is a bit of a girl crush! I find I can relate to her because I am petite, look young for my age and pale like she is.Unfortunately I'm no way near as gorgeous as Anna though! And yes we are totally on first name basis.

f
 
  

Anna goes for a simple low maintenance natural look even on the red carpet. I started of by applying my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation because she always has matte flawless face. I then added Collection Concealer for all the blemishes and Benefit Erase Paste under the eyes. I this with Rimmel Stay Matte powder through the centre of the face. 

Next I did the eyes. Anna always keeps it really simple so I did a one colour brown smokey eye. I took Snakebite from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and pressed that heavily all over the lid before blending it out with the amazing Mac 217 brush. I took the eye shadow underneath the lash line fairly heavily to add some more drama. Finally I drew a thick line of Urban Decay Ink For Eyes in Zero on the top lash line and added some Rimmel Khol liner to the water line then lashing of Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara. After that I moved onto the eyebrows using the MUA Blond eyebrow pencil. I tried to add abut more of an angle then usual with out going too scouse brow on it. To finish off I used the lightest colour from the MUA Heaven and Earth palette for highlighting the inner corner to make my eyes look bigger and just below the brow bone to accentuate the arch.  

Then onto the face! I used the NYX Taupe blush to heavily contour the cheeks, jawline and sides of the nose. This creates the illusion of amazing cheek bones and a thinner nose like Anna has. For blush I applied the Jemma Kidd Rose blush just above the cheek bones rather than on the apples of the cheeks as this is what Anna does and I find it more flattering. I finished the face with Collection Shimmer Shade in 1 to highlight along the top of the nose, cheek bones and on the cupids bow which makes your lips look fuller. Anna always has a pretty nude glossy lip so I applied a tiny bit of Topshop Oh La La then some Korres Jasmine lip butter for a glossy finish.

And viola! That is my fairly natural Anna Kendrick inspired make up look. It was really quick and easy to do  and I'm pleased with the end result. I kept it simple as this is my first Get Ready With Me post but I can do more 'complex' ones in the future.

Thanks for reading!x

20 comments:

  1. Love the Anna Kendrick inspired look! Going to have to try this now!
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eyes look so nice in the second picture down! Wish I had lovely workable eyelids like yours!

    http://annettibus.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thats the first time I've been complimented on my eyelids! Hahah x

      Delete
  3. Lovely :) you are a very pretty girl :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your skin looks super flawless! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so not! That's the double wear foundation x

      Delete
  5. Very pretty, I love the way you've used the blushes to contour!!

    xx Ellie
    www.ellalogy.com 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your skin looks perfect and you actually look a bit like her! Nice blog too xx

    http://make-up-mogul.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double Wear hides everything! Thank you x

      Delete
  7. Double Wear is awesome, I have it on now :D Love the eyeshadow, it's such a pretty shade. Really like your blog btw, and if you're ever passing through mine do say hi :D

    Kerry x (from Kerralina)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will look at your blog now x

      Delete
  8. You have amazing cheekbones, no amount of contour and highlight would make mine look like that!!
    I enjoyed reading this, you used a lot of my favourite products :)

    Sophie xxx

    Ivy & Gold

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks lovely in these pics!

    http://lu-lu-nicole.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely adore the eyeshadow, will be trying that out asap! :)your blog is so nice, you just got yourself a new follower x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the make-up look - beautiful :)
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to check back soon because I always reply. If you need a quick response tweet me @lifeanlipsticks

Feel free to leave your blog link but please don't ask for a follow back or follow for follow. Only follow my blog if you like it and if I like your blog I will follow it, otherwise its pointless.