11 January 2013

I've Been Hitting Pans

It's not often that I hit pan on a product which means when I do I get pretty excited. Is that sad? I think it properly is. Recentley I've hit pan on a few of my well loved products and being a beauty blogger I couldn't wait to share them with you. 
 Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze:
I talked about this cream eye shadow in my first post. It is a gorgeous colour and perfect for everyday wear. On lazy days I chuck a bit on and blend it out for a quick eye shadow. The colour is so gorgeous it is enough on its own although it makes a good base too. It is perfect for making blue eyes pop- someone asked me if I was wearing blue contact when I wore this! This used to not smudge or crease on me but about a month a go before my eye lids became extremely oily. On its own it does last longer than a normal eye shadow before creasing or fading but to make it last all day I have to use primer potion. 

Single shadow from MUA Heaven and Earth Palette:
Annoyingly none of  the individual MUA eye shadows have names. This is a light champagne colour that is perfect for all over the lid with a couple of darker colours blended into the crease. For a £4 palette this is great but it doesn't match up to any of the high end eye shadows. I've now gotten the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette so this is getting neglected.

Urban Decay Ink For Eyes in Zero:
This was my first gel eye liner. It's very well pigmented and the creamy smooth texture means it applies like a dream. However I never put this the waterline because that would result in serious panda eyes in a matter of hours. I have oily eyelids so I always make sure to apply primer potion before eye make up but when my eye lids weren't oily it stayed put fine alone.

Korres Jasmine Lip Butter:
You know when you were little and everyone only used the middle of the lip balm so they'd hit the bottom faster? I still do that. I was lucky enough to win this in a give away from Anna who has such a lovely blog. It is my favourite lip product and definitely worth the blogging hype! It has a luxurious creamy texture and a gorgeous sweet smell. I've already ordered a mango one as a back up for when this runs out. This is the first time I've bought something as back up so I must really like it.

Mac Cream Colour in Pearl:
I use this every single day I wear make up to give a lovely dewy highlight. Perfect for brightening up dull winter skin! The disadvantage of this is it does get used up quite quickly but that could just be because I like to apply it heavily. A small amount creates a natural finish but it is build able to give a stronger highlight. I'm thinking of trying Mac mineralize skin finish in soft and gentle when it is done because it is so raved about by bloggers.
Have you tried any of these products?

27 comments:

  1. If I hit pan on stuff I get pretty excited too. I know from experience that I'm really close to hitting pan on my beloved Hervana and even though I intend to use it up for my Project 10 Pan I will be gutted when I do as it's my favourite blush ever!!

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always happy to hit pan on things but then I get sad too because it means there isn't much left. We are in the same boat! The project 10 pan series on your blog is really good x

      Delete
    2. Aww thank you :) I needed to take some drastic action on my makeup stash before I could allow myself to buy any new products!!x

      Delete
  2. I love that maybelline color tattoo, it's one of my favourites too :)

    http://raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love color tattoo!
    Whenever I hit pan in a product I'm like :o OH NO lol.
    xo
    Haylee
    http://www.dolledupdaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my second reaction! Especially if its high end x

      Delete
  4. That MAC is gorgeous and I love the eyshadow as well

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I should start wearing the eyeshadow again!x

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you like the lip butter! I am already on my second one hehe! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for it! I use it all the time x

      Delete
  6. Maybelline products are so amazing! I especially love the colour of that one :)
    Lana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't like a lot of Maybelline products but the colour tattoos are an exception x

      Delete
  7. I can smell back-to-mac coming your way :)

    I have nominated you!
    http://www.mintyessence.com/2013/01/award-versatile-blogger.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm close to having 3 things for back to Mac now. Can't wait! Thanks for nominating me x

      Delete
  8. I haven't tried any of these products but I think it's really good when you do see the bottom of a product. It means that the product is obviously good as you're using it very often :)
    I do get a bit upset when it's an expensive product though, it means you'll have to pay out again soon.

    You've been tagged in my most recent post, Tag You're It! :)
    nailthelook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I did this post so you can see the products I love :) x

      Delete
  9. Ive been wanting the bronze colour tattoo since it came out, ive got the rest of them but they never have any of these in stock when I go shopping :( its going to be first item in my basket when I do my next online shop x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame! I'm going to include it in a giveaway soon so keep an eye out x

      Delete
  10. I love Korres lip butters, you should try Pomegranate!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try every flavour! Pomegranate does sound good x

      Delete
  11. I hate hitting the pan just in the middle so I am always super careful of how I use the product, I never just use the middle! I have swirling techniques and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you're doing well, i never hit the pan: I'm like TarteAuxFraises, I'm careful not to just use the middle of the product! I absolutely adore the MUA pallettes but it's interesting that you find high-end products much more impressive. I guess I can't really comment as I am yet to try any of the Urban Decay eyeshadows (I know)! xx

    http://paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think high end products are better than MUA but MUA is still amazing considering how cheap it is x

      Delete
  13. I' m proud if I hit the pan of a product. It shows how much I love it. I brought bronze on bonze for a week and the colour is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too at first. That eyeshadow is one of my favourite colours x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to check back soon because I always reply. If you need a quick response tweet me @lifeanlipsticks

Feel free to leave your blog link but please don't ask for a follow back or follow for follow. Only follow my blog if you like it and if I like your blog I will follow it, otherwise its pointless.