25 February 2013

Mac Shy Girl Dupe

Mac are my favourite brand for lipsticks because of the colour range, quality and packaging. However at £14 a piece and Mac cheekily bumping up the price they aren't very affordable so it's no surprise everybody loves a Mac dupe. I was admiring my lipsticks one day when I noticed a dupe for one of Mac's best loved lipstick- Shy Girl. The Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight is only £6.29 which is half the price, but is it a good enough dupe?


L- Shy  Girl R- Nude Delight
As you can see they are very similar warm peachy nudes. It actually took me a while to work out which swatch was which! The Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight is slightly warmer and actually more pigmented then Shy Girl. They are both creamy and moisturising although Shy Girl feels much lighter on the lips and definitely has a more luxurious texture.
If you've been lusting after Shy Girl for a while but don't want to splash the cash then the Rimmel Nude Delight is a great alternative. I do prefer the Mac lipstick just because of the scent, packaging and slightly more luxurious texture.

Have you tried either of these lipsticks? Do you know a good mac lippy dupe?

18 comments:

  1. Wow this is an amazing dupe!! Great find :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda wish I had known about it before I got Shy Girl x

      Delete
  2. Hello dear :) nice blog and cute post! now follow you with pleasure and if you're passing by me ;)

    http://teanonsolomoda.blogspot.it/

    Kiss Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly my student budget wont stretch to MAC lipsticks, so this is great to know

    becominghugo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hard life of being a skint beauty blogger! I know the feeling x

      Delete
  4. I love a good dupe and this looks great!

    Emma xx

    http://uglybugbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great dupe. I love MAC but everytime I purchase something and its a cheeky .50p more, I give them a little death stare. I do love this colour, sadly I would look a bit dead with it on my lips.

    elliesvanitytable.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst thing is how they sly they are about creeping up the price. It will bee £20 before we know it x

      Delete
  6. what a great find they're really similar. I love a good Mac dupe, thanks for sharing this! Glad to have found your blog on Twitter, I'm now following :) x
    www.staceykane1988.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool! MAC Shy Girl is hyped so much but I think I would prefer a dupe when it comes to nude-ish colours first. I'm more on the brighter side. :D

    I also tagged you to do the "Confessions of a Blogger TAG". :)
    http://beckythewallflower.blogspot.de/2013/03/confessions-of-blogger-tag.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it might be good to make sure you like enough before getting a Mac one. Ooh that sounds interesting thank you x

      Delete
  8. Ohhh this is amazing dupe! :)
    Now a follower :)

    Roxy's Box of Tricks  
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to check back soon because I always reply. If you need a quick response tweet me @lifeanlipsticks

Feel free to leave your blog link but please don't ask for a follow back or follow for follow. Only follow my blog if you like it and if I like your blog I will follow it, otherwise its pointless.