3 September 2012

Products I Regret Buying

1. Soap and Glory Thick And Fast Mascra
I'm sure you've all heard of this as it receives a lot of hype in the blogging/youtube world. I picked this up for £3.90 with a copy of Elle (admittedly I did buy the magazine purely for this). I had pretty high expectations but they were no way near met. I find it clumps quite a lot. The end result is okay. But just okay. It doesn't do a good job at lengthening or voluminising my lashes. Thank goodness I didn't waste the full £10 on it!


2. MAC Studio Finish Concealer
I've owned this concealer for about 3 months now. It is full coverage to put over spots but it is the most drying concealer I have ever used. Ever. To combat this I put the HelenE creamy concealer which has no coverage but balances out the dryness. The main problem with this is the price. Its a good concealer but I think there are concealers on the high-street that are just as good but are a fraction of the £13.50 price tag.

3. Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer
 I bought this primer a few weeks ago when it was on offer for £8 rather than £11.99 for 27ml of product which is a little below average. I'd read lots of great reviews on the Boots website so I decided to purchase it but I was very disappointed. Its is difficult to smooth onto the skin so I find myself using a lot of product which is not good for the price tag. But the worst thing is I really don't think it does anything. It claims to brighten, reduce the look of pores and make your make up last longer but it does non of these. In the future I'll stick to the Rimmel Match Perfection Primer!


4.MUA Glamour Days Palette.
I have no idea why I bought this. I got it when I was just starting out at make up so I guess I though it would be good to have a big colour range. But look at all the bright colours and glitter! There is no way I could pull that off! I'll be sticking to neutral browns for now thank you.

 

 5. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo.
You know when you decide you are going to be more adventurous with your make up and get out of your comfort zone? I decided that when I bought this. I love the actual product and I have another one in Milan  which is great. But this colour is way too dark for me. I'm ashamed to say I have never even worn this. Its just not me.

Do you like any of the products I don't? What products do you regret buying?
Thanks for reading!x

4 comments:

  1. Hey! i agree with you on the mascara! i really regret buying it, it doesn't do what it says and wasn't worth the money. This blog is great by the way :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, i was thinking of picking up a new mascara will have to keep away from that one! Thanks :)
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Be sure to check back soon because I always reply. If you need a quick response tweet me @lifeanlipsticks

Feel free to leave your blog link but please don't ask for a follow back or follow for follow. Only follow my blog if you like it and if I like your blog I will follow it, otherwise its pointless.